Global warming is a critical problem and the solution requires people all over the world to work together.
At Advance Metal Products, we believe environmental response is an important management resource and appreciate the urgency for products and procedures that have limited environmental impact – commencing with design and development, through materials procurement, production, sale, packaging, transport and installation, and finally to product disposal and recycling.
Our organisation has been certified as ISO 14001 ** compliant. We are committed to exercising environmental best practice in all areas of our operations, decisions and plans and to providing products and services that have a positive impact on the environment. We respect the views of people both inside and outside our company to continuously improve our environmental preservation efforts and actively promote co-operation and alliances with related companies, external organisations, and institutions.
As we continue developing our business operations, we strive to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and develop and spread the use of products that have minimal burden on the environment.
It is our mission to proactively develop plans to respond to environmental issues and integrate environmental applications into our corporate management system. Our goal is to formulate initiatives that sustain and improve the environment and promote the development of new products and the innovation of technologies that will lead to a more environmentally healthy world.
Advance Metal Products is committed to the practice and use of recycled water. Our powdercoating facility utilises water as part of its core processing, all of which we recycle. Our manufacturing premises also house large water tanks in which we store rainwater runoff to maintain our award winning gardens.
In addition to these procedures, we utilise recycled packaging, return timber skids to steel merchants and chemical drums to suppliers for re-use, recycle all scrap metal, install perforated strainers over storm water grates to avoid waterway contamination, make use of natural light to minimise power consumption, promote electronic communication to encourage paper-free offices, install air activated hand dryers to avoid paper waste and, in general, encourage and monitor a culture of environmental awareness within our organisation.
We will continue in the practice of environmental management, thus contributing to a healthier global environment as a good citizen of the earth.
** ENVIRONMENT POLICY OBJECTIVES
- Maintain an Environmental Management System aligned with AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004
- Customer satisfaction is achieved through continual improvement in an environment that is safe for employees, visitors and the community
- Provide training to all employees to perform duties in an environmentally responsible manner
- Make all reasonable efforts to prevent or eliminate impacts of pollution, injury or harm to employees, visitors, the environment and any property
- Objectives and targets to measure and monitor environmental impacts shall be implemented to eliminate such risks
- Provide a clean and safe working environment
- Use materials that do not contaminate the environment
- All areas of operations and personnel comply with environmental legislations and regulations and other environmental requirements
- Ensure our operations do not infringe the rights of our neighbours